27 september 2011

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

But what if your friend is your enemy?




"Would you mind if I killed you?
Would you mind if I tried to?
'cause you have
Turned into my worst enemy.
You carry hate that I don't feel
It's over now.
What have you done?"

What Have You Done - Within Temptation

My heart is still bitter, I am still bitter about things that happened. This is the only reason I still dwell on the past, because I need to learn how to trust. This is where I step into my own pitfall, with the tunnel and the light. If you keep your friends close but your enemies closer, what do you do if your friends is your enemy? Where do you keep that person then?

If you look at your friends, wonder who you really keep close. What do you tell that person, and what do you keep from them? Do you keep something from them to spare them, or yourself? It is important to be honest, and to draw your line. I can't press that enough. If someone crosses your line, have you told them that you weren't okay with it? Did you do that, and did they still cross it? How much of a friend is that person?

It is important to talk about things with your friends, they're supposed to accept you the way you are. So why be afraid? It might hurt to tell them something you don't like, but crossing the line and throwing a tantrum is worse. Much worse. Don't tell your friends everything because you feel obliged to, and think very carefully about telling them things that they might use against you. I've been there and I still manage to make the same mistakes, but I recognize them, and give them good thought.

It is good to think about who is really your friend. What do you, and what don't you like about them? What annoys you in their behaviour? Accept that you can't change people, no matter how badly you might want to. When you realise a friend isn't good for you, accept that you should end it. If you don't want to end it, deal with the consequences. Sadly, you'll only learn how to recognize someone who's bad for you from experience. But, "Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy."

Quotes.

Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.
Albus Dumbledore (J.K. Rowling)

Everybody has the ability to be manipulative, to be hateful and deceitful. Neil LaBute

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten