5 oktober 2011

Believing, that's all you need to do

Believing, that's all you need to do.

 
Song used while writing:

Warnings: Should I warn? It's fluff. No, really. Cliché kind of fluff.
 

Your head rests on my chest while you sleep, and I’m looking at you. Your chest rises when you breathe in softly. The sun tries to break through the curtains, and I wish it did. A little ray of sun falls on your shoulders, and I place my hand on your back. I don’t want you to wake, I just want to take everything in while I still can. When you still look so perfectly innocent.

I realise that when I look at you, my chest tightens, my stomach flutters and my heart beats a little faster. It might be a cliché, but it’s called a cliché for a reason. Because that is how it feels. I realise that’s how it feels to be in love. I stroke your hair with my other hand, and I feel you stir. I can’t help but smile when you look at me, that pure morning bliss clearly visible in your eyes.

You manage to slur together a good morning, and I close my eyes when I smile. I pull you up until we are chest to chest, and it feels as if the pure morning bliss I saw just surrounded me. I place a chaste kiss on your forehead, and it is as if I can feel your heart flutter. I wrap myself around you and mumble a good morning in return. You nuzzle your head into my neck. Your breath softly skitters across my shoulder and neck before moving onto my cheek.

‘I love you.’ I say.

‘I love you, too.’ you say.

The sun breaks through the curtains and I kiss you. It’s looking like a beautiful day, indeed.


1 opmerking: